1.25.2010

VALENTINE SHIRTS

Okay, so I had a little fun making these Valentine shirts.  Especially when I find a good deal.  Target had some great deals on long sleeve solid color tees for little ones.  The pink and white long sleeves I bought were only $3.00 a piece.  Gotta love a deal!


First, I picked out some fabric and decided to applique the letter "m" in red polka dot fabric onto the plain pink tee.  Any type of lettering can be used for this.  I printed this m off of the internet and cut it out.  A piece of fabric big enough to color the letter m was needed to iron on the Wonder Under (the iron on adhesive).  To do this, a square piece of Wonder Under the size of the fabric letter m is needed. 


Place your fabric "pretty side" down on the ironing board and place the rough side of the wonder under on top of the "dull" side of the fabric.  A cloth can also be used on top of the fabric and wonder under for extra protection.  I tend not to ever use the cloth - sometimes it doesn't seem to iron on as well with the cloth on top of it.


Next, I placed the cut out letter M on top of the wonder under side of the fabric.  Notice the letter has to be traced backwards.

Now the letter can be cut out

After the letter has been cut out, peel off the top layer of the Wonder Under (usually works best to start at a corner)

Place the letter m (with the Wonder Under against the shirt) and iron it on.  I did swap the pink shirt for the white at the very end.  Oops!  I took a picture with the materials and the pink shirt.  I will use it next.



All I did this time, was to cut out a heart pattern and used the same exact steps above.



For this next shirt, I have to tell you it was a Christmas shirt from Target that I found on sale.  The print was an iron on, so I could put an applique over it, and no one would notice.



Besides, it was only a $1.74.  I couldn't pass that up.

 I used the same pink heart cut out from the shirt above, and then cut out the inside of the heart for an open heart look.




Notice that cute little matching headband!  You can find the tutorial HERE.

14 comments:

Jamey said...

Love these! They are so inspiring!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

You are so clever! LOVE it!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Precious! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! I wish I was as creative as you two. :) Marah and Macy look so cute...and big! I miss ya'll.

Kiera said...

SO cute!! Did you stitch around the heart when you were done or did you just leave it how it was? It looks like there is a border around them in the bottom picture, but I just really can't tell! Thanks for the idea! And I love the new section in target. I bought Tyler a couple of shirts from back there! ;)

Melissa said...

Love these!!! Such a great idea that could be used for many themes. Thanks for the cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Those are so dang cute! I need a little girl!!!

Will and Melodie said...

Thanks for posting pictures and exact instructions for people like me! I still have some fabric so maybe I will get to it one day! Love them all!

The Stewart Stuff said...

So cute!!! And, yes, I do love the matching headband!!!

Ashley said...

I LOVE THIS!
Step by steps are so helpful. I don't have kids to make these yet, but I like learning little crafty things!

Stefanie said...

So cute! And you make it look so easy. Now if I can try this and see what happens.

Bowerman Blessed said...

Ya'll are so sweet. If I can do this ANYONE can! It is super easy!

Yes Kiera, I did do a zigzag stitch all the way around to keep the edges from fraying. Thanks for mentioning that.

Paige

Unknown said...

These are precious!!! I don't think my boys would comply with wearing them, but they are so cute for a girl!!!

Cortney said...

What a good idea... buying the Christmas shirt and then putting the iron-on over it! Kudos my sista!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT......
Can you please tell me what site did you get the letters from? Thank You.

Mayi

Post a Comment