9.29.2009

Digital Art Canvas

This tutorial will show you how to make a digital Art Canvas.

I was in a little store in town today called "Zazzy's" and saw some digital canvases on the wall which inspired me to try and make something similar myself. I used a digital scrapbooking kit designed by Kristen Cronin-Barrow (the same kit used in the design of this blog) from Sweet Shoppe Designs and made a scrapbooking page using a picture I took of my daughter several weeks ago.

This tutorial does not include instructions on how I made my scrapbooking page but hopefully I will have a tutorial on here one day!!


Here is my original scrapbooking image. I sized it down to a 7.5" x 7.5" to print out. You will need a canvas. It really doesn't matter what size just as long as your image can fit on there. I found this printed canvas that was on sale for $6 at Hobby Lobby. It's an 8"x8". Just make sure that the canvas size is slightly bigger than your print....maybe half an inch difference.
This canvas already had mounting on it which was perfect. All I needed to do was paint it.
I chose this pink color which is the main color in my print.

Print your scrapbook page or image on regular white copy paper and make sure your printer settings are set to "fine" or "photo" just so the quality of the print will look good. The quality of the print is much better than it actually looks here. After you print your scrapbook page don't cut the edges off.

I think it makes it look pretty neat if you tear the edges off...like above.

You will need to get some Mod Podge, which you can find at Hobby Lobby, and a paintbrush. Using a thin coat....paint the Mod Podge on quickly to the entire back of your scrapbook page. Do it fast because it dries quickly.
Now you can press the paper down onto your canvas.

It should look like this.

To give the top of your canvas a glossy finish you will need some Diamond Glaze. Unfortunately, I don't know of a store where you can buy it but you can order it online. I think I bought mine on Ebay.

You will need to dilute the Diamond Glaze with a little bit of water first. Paint a coat or two on the top and your done!! You can print out any kind of digital image or clip art and they make great wall art for your kids rooms!! Let us know if you try it!! Have fun!!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...SO CUTE! You are so creative and talented! Thanks for sharing! I might have to give that a try!

Holly

Jamey said...

That is really a neat idea. I'm sure you enjoyed doing it!

The HoneaBees said...

LOVE it!! It's even cuter than I imagined!

the monkeys' mama said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed! I definitely need to try this! thank you!

The Stewart Stuff said...

Thanks for sharing. That is absolutely adorable!!!

Kiera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mandy said...

your creativity (& energy!) never cease to amaze me!

Night Owl Mama said...

super cute thanks for sharing

Post a Comment